This Crisis Negotiation Class is sponsored by the Kansas Association of Hostage Negotiators (KAHN) and hosted by the Olathe Police Department. The lead instructor for the class is going to be KAHN Advisor, William Hogewood (Ret. Prince George County Police, ATF).
The training will be held on Oct. 10, 2016 through Oct. 14, 2016 from 0800 to 1700 each day. The training will be taught at the Olathe Fire Administration, 1225 South Hamilton Circle, Olathe, KS 66061.
The crisis negotiation class will cover:
- High Risk Management
- Team dynamics and responsibilities
- Recognizing types of sieges and perpetrators
- Concepts of Respect, Empathy and Ownership of Feelings
- Goals, Tasks and skills to achieve those goals.
- Surrender plans
- Exercises and role playing to practice negotiation skills